For dinner tonight, I had blackened halibut and some cheese bread. I wish I could've taken a picture for ya, 'cause it was the best looking meal I've had in a long time.
I've never managed to make blackened fish before. Honestly, I don't know how I've managed to screw it up in the past. Here's the recipe I used: Put salt, pepper, cayenne on a fish; heat up some butter in a pan; fry the fish. If you do it right, the fish'll be very spicy and kind of tough on the outside, while staying soft and creamy on the inside.
Lesser preparations are often served with remoulade or a spicy mayonnaise, and they tend to be over-cooked. You need the sauce to compensate when your fish isn't quite so soft. Normally, I like a bit on these typically-bland white fish, but with tonight's halibut being more than an inch thick, over-cooking was not a problem, and it came out perfectly. Which was good, since I don't actually have any mayo on hand, not to mention remoulade.
26.2.07
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Post a Comment