21.4.07

La, la, la

I haven't written in a while.
Recently, I've wanted to write very, very much, but I don't feel like I have a proper forum to voice my thoughts.
I'll be getting a camera this week, and hopefully I can write a little more about food and add some splashes of color to this space.

Here are the albums I've listened to so far today:
The Dirty Three - Ocean Songs
Do Make Say Think - & Yet & Yet
Unwed Sailor - Faithful Anchor
Four Tet - Rounds
Delerium - Karma
Radiohead - Amnesiac
Tori Amos - Scarlet's Walk

If you know those albums you can aproximate my mood - or the mood I'm shooting for, anyway. It's been a nice day. A little warm maybe, but nice.

I drank a little bit earlier today, and I'll drink a lot more tonight. I had a couple of good thoughts about drinking. One was about responsibility and the other was about pacing. They weren't related, but just now I can't get them untangled in my head. It's too bad, because while the responsibility one was desposable (too preachy,) the pacing one was kind of cute.

I've been reading a lot. Here's some official things I've read in the last week:

The Sandman #1 - #75
The Man in the High Castle
The Sea Gull
Johnny the Homicidal Maniac
Me Talk Pretty One Day
The Tao Te Ching (some)
Freakonomics (about half way)

There's also been a lot of internet reading every day, of course.

Earlier today I finished Me Talk Pretty while drinking, read some of the Tao Te Ching while sobering, and started in on Freakonomics while attempting, unsuccessfully, to take a nap. I'm in a mood where I need to be reading almost constantly. Freakonomics will likely take me through my hangover tomorrow, but then I've run out of things I really want to read. I'm taking suggestions. My local library is stocked OK, but not great.

I'm sorry that this post is sort of boring. I just needed to hear my voice, so to speak.

No comments: